It’s your favorite productivity gurus worst nightmare. We’re a community of more than 700 creators, automators, and builders drinking from the firehose of products, trends, startups, and of course, shiny objects. Our focus will change, but we’re currently working on Web3 x NFTs x Crypto x Creators.
There are 3 ways to get access to Shiny:
- Feather Owner. Purchasing a Shiny Feather. You'll get access to the Lite version of Shiny Discord. Perks for holders like Supersea and more coming soon. Feather rarity determines perk level, and it's the best way to try our community!
- 1.Go to the #collabland-join channel and follow the steps to verify your membership.
- 2.You’ll connect your wallet which will then verify that you hold the appropriate tokens. Introduce yourself in #introductions.
- 3.Read the #get-onboarded and #channel-guide channels to better understand how Shiny is structured.
- 4.Always use the #official-links for links to official resources.
We suggest that you browse the channels and pick a few that peak your interest. Hang in that space and get a feel of the conversations.
There are weekly community calls around specific topics. Check the #events channel for the schedule. You can click the check to get a reminder in your local timezone.
- NFTuesdays - In this call, we focus on the latest NFT projects, what’s hot, and what’s not.
- Build - We have a strong community around web3 project founders. This weekly call includes guests from Shiny and outside.
- Community - Thursday is our community call day, where we catch you up on the latest happenings in Shiny community.
You can also do the following:
- Chat in our channels - share what you learn, new NFT drops you’re excited about, ask questions, and help others.
- Share useful content you find in the appropriate channels, or if not sure where to, drop them in the #resources channel.
- Attend or organize meetups in your city.
- Find ways to contribute to Shiny - more on that below. You can claim a role in the #get-your-role channel based on your skillset.
We suggest that you read the Shiny Digest and listen to the podcast. Both of these resources give you an ongoing pulse of what’s going on. Check the #announcement and #podcast channel for the latest publications. You can also browse them in our Mirror publication.
Some advice, few people can truly keep up with everything. Instead, we recommend this. Pick a couple of channels in your core area of expertise, and pick a couple of channels outside of your comfort zone. Hang there for a while and over time, you get a pulse of what’s happening.
Each phase of growth is bundled in the form of a season. Think of it as a tv show, where each season has a theme. In Season 1, the focus was on building the Foundation of Shiny Object Social Club. Season 2 is focused on Partnerships. You can read more about the focus of Season 1 here and about the focus of Season 2 here.
The crypto space is generally anonymous. It’s up to you whether you’re anonymous, yourself, or some hybrid in between. Most people eventually find the balance that works for them.
Welcome to crypto frens. There’s a whole new language.
Gm = Good morning, it’s always good morning somewhere in the world. This is a recognition that we’re global.
NGMI = Not Going to Make It, someone that doesn’t have a growth mindset, the world is constant evolving.
Probably Nothing = Definitely something to pay attention to.
In general, most of the language used is sarcastic, in jest, and just about having fun.
Everyone here is generally really helpful. Just post a question on a main channel. Things go fast, so if your question doesn’t get answered, post it again. If needed, tag a mod (moderator).
In case you need help or more information about anything Shiny-related, go ahead and open a support ticket and you'll get a response in the next 24 hours.
Shiny is for us. It’s driven by the community. If you’re passionate about something, just do it. Gain enough support from others, and if it needs funding, consider writing a proposal for funding. If you’re there, you’re already gonna make it. This FAQ is probably too basic for you.
There are many ways that you can contribute as a new member to Shiny!
Please DM one of the mods (purple names at the top of Discord) or post in the lobby channel. You may also want to try self-service and re-verify with the Collab.Land bot. Don't stress, we'll be along shortly to help :)
- Start reading the Weekly Shiny Digest that’s posted in the #announcements channel - there are a ton of curated gems there
- Be active in channels - read, discuss, share what you learn and ask questions - no question is ever too silly and we are a friendly and helpful bunch!
- Listen to the Shiny Podcast
- NFA - Not Financial Advice
- DYOR - Christian Dior’s clone. Nah, Do Your Own Research
Projects / Tokens shared by Shiny members are never to be construed as financial advice - always be vigilant and do your own research before purchasing anything.
The #giveaways channel is where all giveaways open to Shiny members will be hosted.
We highly recommend turning on notification settings to All messages for this channel
Examples of giveaways include:
- NFT mint list opportunities
- Early access to new web3 tools
- MAG private sales
- Free NFTs
If you’re interested in a giveaway item, please react to the giveaway bot, and await the randomized raffle draw. Winners will be tagged when the draw is complete and you'll need to wait for further instructions.
In the #social-follows channel, you can drop your handle.